Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reading

An update on their reading:-

I is now reading 5a of the p&J series. I'm extremely proud of him and at the same time very happy at his progress. Of course there will be some words which he will deem to forget. Probably I should write those words and stick them up on his cupboard. I have been slacking on that.Time to work mummy.
I have stopped teaching him the complex phonics which are the long vowels and the silent 'e' words. He tends to be confuse and mix up all the vowel sounds. Well, I guess I kind of overdo it. I mean he is only 3 years and 3 months. I should probably hang on a bit till he is a bit more mature before going on to the complex vowel. But, then again, I am put on a dilemma that I'm not fully exercising his potential since he already knew all the basic phonics. I go into more deeper thinking into that.

As for B, at 7 months, she doesn't seem very much interested in books. Read to her a book and that is probably her max before she wiggle and crawl off your lap despite how colourful the book is. Ehmm!! that can be worrying-what if she don't really develop the love for reading. Well mummy just have to work a little bit harder and continue to read more to her.

I tend to taste my book at times...


No comments:

Post a Comment