Saturday, September 24, 2011

Attempting puzzles

I took out some of Ilyasak's older puzzles which was shelved for quite some time to let Balqis attempt it. Surprisingly she was able to complete 3-5 pieces puzzle with minimal help from me. I had to give hints along the way though like asking her to rotate to get d exact fit and asking her to observe d colours and design of the individual piece to get d correct match up. I am real happy over her progress. I will dig more puzzles for her then.

Maybe I should get Ilyasak to start on doing puzzles again. This boy is simply unique as he does not seem to show interest in d usual typical activities or items which children his age enjoy. For instance, he needs to be coaxed to draw or colour a simple figure or two. He only like vehicles, wheels, gears and those items if that nature. It kind of worrying but I guess each individual child is unique in his or her own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment